Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tuesday July 1 (again)

Went to Whole Foods Market with my madre. It was the most calming experience of the whole trip. Familiarity. It was relaxing and such an adventure. We wandered around and debated on which kind of healthy ground turkey we wanted to purchase. Fun :) We experienced something new by purchasing gooseberries for the trying (they taste like little kiwis. yum)

Finally unpacked today. YAY! HAPPINESS FOR EVERYONE! SMILES ALL AROUND! i'm a nerd. It was also another great feeling. (Linds, i'm the most like you that i've ever been. I was obsessive compulsive about where everything went. each earring has a right and wrong place. :) thought you would appreciate). Literally everything has a place. Including pictures of friends - like ellen's grad picture and quote she left on my car one day when i desperately needed it "Angels fly because they take themselves lightly" Right next to my smiling picture of Jesus. That is the most amazing picture to wake up to.

This has became somewhat of a journal. a daily journal. A scripture study that I'll always remember.
Preach my gospel.
Chapter 6: faith, humility, charity and love.

Moroni 7:45 Charity rejoiceth not in iniquity.The times I have lacked charity by thinking sin brings joy. Charity suffereth long. The times when I think "I'm too tired, too frustrated, too fed up to be nice. I've been nice for a really long time. It's okay if I speak my mind to this one person." Charity seeketh not her own. For the moments I think I know better. That is just plain stupidity. Later I'll refer to Paul teachings in 1 Corithinians - he can explain the depth of this stupidity. Charity thinketh no evil. Unworthy thoughts are sin. And we must repent for them. Virtue is a huge part of achieving this aspect of charity. Charity beareth all things. When people and friends are burdened, we help them bear those burdens because charity beareth ALL things.

1 Corinthians 13 Charity is not easily provoked. For all the times I have gotten so stirred up about the littlest things. Charity never faileth. Paul talks about how we only know in part and prophesy in part. We can't fully comprehend the depth of the pure love of Christ. We are like children. Someday we will understand like adults and will dismiss our childish "things."

Bible Dictionary Charity is the highest, noblest, strongest kind of love. Wow. If you are going to love, why love with anything less than the best?

1 Corithians 8:1 We all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, charity edifieth. Mosiah 3:19 The Natural man is an enemy to God. Since we all have knowledge and knowledge easily builds pride - it is natural for man to lean pride. We all must work harder to achieve charity and humility.

1 Nephi 19:9
Christ was scourged, and he suffereth it. Christ was spit upon, and he suffereth it. Christ was smitten and he suffereth it. He suffereth because of his loving kindness and his long-suffering towards the children of men. I ALWAYS think "this person wronged me, they deserve to be punished or I deserve something from them" WOW. STOP! bad news. Christ was very wronged. And he returned beatings and hatred with charity.

Thus concludes my scripture study for the night. I've always heard that best sciprute study is when you ask lots of questions and yearn to learn as much as possible from the words on the page. That describes my study for tonight. When you feast and can't get enough.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

excellent choice on the scripture study journal! And my last post will have my address for the MTC on it as well as my Mission Home. But if you want i could email it to you as well whatever works best.

Ellen Irion said...

wow mom mow wom