Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I had the best day with you today...err yesterday?

Yesterday, Gracie came to visit me for the day - Heidi was in town for work. It was so fun, that today has been ultra boring and lifeless.

Baking pink cupcakes was the first thing on our list of things to do. (pinkalicious planted the idea). The internet does wonders when it comes to instant homemade pink cupcake recipes. "Look Abbey It's red!" Gasp. Red food coloring is Mia's new favorite toy! Hilarious. I stifled laughs and blankly explained that we never play with food coloring - it doesn't matter the weather or if we are happy or sad. I will always be able to see her innocent little eyes looking up at me with the I-know-I-did-something-wrong-but-I-don't-know-what-because-I-like-my-pink-hand expression. haha. Once my heart returned to my body, we danced to enchanted and aladdin music to keep our minds busy while the cupcakes baked. They tasted delicious- everything is better when it is the color pink.

Swan Princess.
"Abbey! She isn't a princess anymore!She's a duck!"
"Why is she a duck?"
"Because she wanted to go swimming."
Duh.

Hide n go seek ended my perfect day. My sister's boss said you are such a nice sister to babysit her. I was totally taken aback. Nice? As if it was inconvenient for me? Freak, if being nice is code for being given the opporunity to play with my adorable and squishy niece, I will definately be nice more often. I definately am the one being benefited when her and I get to play. Truly blessed. Love her.

I had the best day with you yesterday...

No comments: